In this section
APPLICATION & FEE
The Park Na Conservatory must receive all recordings/Youtube or Vimeo links, documents, and application fee (US$85) by March 26, 2021 (Not postmarked).
Note: We are accepting late applications. Extended deadline is now April 2nd 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time ($35 additional fee) Total: $120
- Please make checks payable to: The Park Na Conservatory, Inc. PO BOX 2360, Bentonville, AR 72712
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- All application materials can be submitted online or via email.
- Payments can be made via PayPal at: firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES & REGULATIONS
The 2021 Park Na Competition is organized by The Park Na Conservatory of Violin & Cello. The Conservatory is hosting this competition for the promotion of young violinists & cellists as well as for the purpose of bringing the world of classical music to the residents of Northwest Arkansas. Our online presentation and awards ceremony will be held on April 9, 2021, virtually from Bentonville, Arkansas, USA.
- The Jury of the Competition will consist of:
- Andres Diaz, Cello-Southern Methodist University
- Dominic K. Na, Cello-The Park Na Conservatory of Violin & Cello, University of Arkansas
- Felix Olschofka, Violin-University of North Texas
- Eun Seo Park, Violin-The Park Na Conservatory of Violin & Cello
- Jonathan Tsay, Piano-University of Memphis
- The Jury assesses the quality of the Contestants’ performances according to its internal regulations.
The Competition is open to violinists & cellists ages 12-20 at the time of submission.
IV. Applications – Submission Procedure
An online Application Form for participation in the Competition will be published at www.parknaconservatory.org on Sunday, January 17, 2021.
A signed Application Form should be delivered by post to the Competition Secretariat (email@example.com) SUBJECT LINE: “Crystal Cup” not later than March 26, 2021 with the following enclosures:
– A photocopy of passport, birth certificate, or drivers license.
– Name of instructor/professor
– An un-cut, unedited link to video recording
– Proof of payment of $85 USD entrance fee
An un-cut, unedited video recording or link of the compositions listed below must be submitted. The recording quality must comply with the outlined standards. The submitted recording will remain anonymous to the Evaluation Board appointed by the Organizer. The choice of candidates invited to participate as a finalist will be made on the basis of this recording after hearing by the Evaluation Board. Failure to comply with the established program requirements will be grounds for disqualification.
REPERTOIRE(S): Recordings of the following is required
-First movement OR second and third movements from any Mozart violin concertos with cadenza if applicable
Notes: Proper dress required. Please record at least 10 ft away from the camera (front angle) Accompanist must be shown in the recording if using.
V. Acceptance of Applications
Applicants will receive email confirmation upon receipt of their application.
VI. Order of Playing
- The Contestants will play in alphabetical order.
- The finalists will be presented on April 9, 2021 online, through the Zoom link provided on The Park Na Conservatory website under “Competitions.”
- The order of the Contestants’ appearances will be alphabetical.
VII. Competition Program
- The competition will be held in two stages; the performances in the First Stage will be private, and finalists in the Second Stage will be open to the public.
- Repertoire(s) may be played with or without music
- At Stage I the Contestant may choose the order of playing his/her selections.
- Accompanist is optional but not required.
IX. Prizes and Awards
- Statutory Prizes: Total amount of not less than $2500 USD will be distributed by the Jury among Prize Winners.
- At the decision of the Jury the First Prize Laureate may receive the Grand Prix Crystal Cup Award for outstanding performance.
- Special prizes will be awarded by the Jury.
- The participants of the Second Stage who did not advance to the Final will be awarded a Diploma of Participation.
- The Jury has the sole right to withhold awards of the special prizes and/or their amount.
- Decisions of the Jury are final and no legal action may be taken against them.
- All financial and other awards donated by institutions and private persons should be registered with the Director of the Competition by January 31, 2021.
- Awards accepted by the Competition will be announced as the extra statutory awards.
- Financial awards will be paid in US currency, irrespectively of the currency in which they were deposited.
X. Award Ceremony
- The statutory prizes and awards will be presented to awardees at the Concert of Laureates on April 9,2021.
- All other non-statutory awards will be presented separately on the same day.
XI. Other Regulations
- The official language is English.
- The Organizers of the Competition reserve unrestricted rights to broadcast, videotape, television, film, and audio recordings of the competition performances.
- All issues beyond the competence of the Jury will be decided by the Director of the Competition. Director of the Competition is The Park Na Conservatory of Violin & Cello, Executive Director, Sonja Kinzer. The Director’s decisions are final and irrevocable and no legal action may be taken against them.