In this section
This page lists the audition requirements for the Conservatory admissions for violin and cello. Auditions are required for all Park Na Conservatory of Violin & Cello applicants, except Monthly Private Lessons applicants.
Video recorded submissions should be submitted online and must be received by August 26 in order to be considered for Fall semester registration. Sight reading may be included in each audition. All instrumental applicants are expected to audition without accompaniment of any kind.
- Any one Major and one Melodic Minor Scale in 3 octaves.
- One etude or caprice.
- Any one movement from a Bach Sonata or Partita.
- A movement of a concerto from the standard repertoire by a composer such as Mozart, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky, Bruch, Vieuxtemps, etc. Prepared repertoire should include cadenza if applicable.
- Any one Major and one Melodic Minor Scale in 3 or 4 octaves.
- One etude or caprice (Popper 40 Studies, Op. 73, or Piatti 12 Caprices, Op. 12, are recommended).
- Any one movement from a Bach Cello Suites, BWV 1007-1012.
- Any one movement of a standard cello concerto that represents the applicants ability.
If you have any questions about your audition, please use the form below to contact us or call 443-525-9545.